Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy memorial day!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone is having a fun day off. Well since I last emailed you a lot has happened! Well I said goodbye to Elder Fager, Dunn, and Wagner wednesday night.It was pretty sad to say goodbye but I have met all the new elders and they are pretty cool too. Well thursday was transfer day, I got to go to A&W and their rootbeer is soo good! Friday we helped set up a luncheon for a funeral. Saturday I got to play basketball in the morning which was BALLIN! haha it was fun. Then we helped a member move for a while and then they took us to Famous Dave's which was delicious. Then we went to the bishop's daughter's graduation party. Out here in Iowa the graduation parties are a BIG deal. They invite like everyone in the ward and stuff its pretty fun. We had this bonfire and there was a huge explosion and people almost died. haha but no one got hurt so don't worry. Oh hey, if any of you have graduation announcements I would love to get one!
Yesterday I spoke in sacrament meeting! I spoke on Chapter 1 of Preach my Gospel, and it went well! I spoke 1st and then the 3 other missionaries in my ward spoke too. I also taught gospel principles class so it was a full day for me at church. It felt good to bear my testimony to the ward and express my love for them and the happiness I feel for serving them on a mission.
This Morning I got to play more basketball, I've been playin alot so watch out when I get back guys, lol jk.
My new Zone leader is Elder Huntsman and he's from Oregon, He is a pretty cool guy. Elder Wagner's replacement is Elder Manning(who is 3rd cousins to Peyton and Eli Manning by the way haha) Elder O'driscoll is the new spanish elder and we are all good friends already. Well, I hope to hear from you guys soon. My next Pday is next monday June 2nd so I hope to get some emails from you guys. Keep writing letters directly to my apartment address, thanks guys! Have a fun Memorial day.
LO
VE Elder Morain