Wednesday, May 14, 2008

April 2, MTC

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,
Welcome to the 2nd edition to my email! I got my flight plans! On april 9th I fly from SLC airport at 830am and I land in atlanta georgia 230ish pm (eastern) and depart atlanta at 345pm and land in des moines iowa at 453pm(central)! I will call home probably before I depart SLC and while im in atlanta so have your cell phones on family! I bought a calling card so I'm set. I'm calling my Mom this friday about my tetanus shot but thats all i can probably talk about.
Sorry for starting out with that, I am loving the MTC so much! I went to the Provo temple today for an endowment session and it was my last time going to the temple for 2 years! I sang in the mtc choir last night for devotional, I won't be singing at general conference but I'm still way excited for it! Sunday we had our Mission conference and a great fireside, sundays are my favorite days of the week for sure! On monday at the RC(referral center) I was calling people and I got 3 people to have the missionaries come and teach them a lesson! It was so awesome to already be doing missionary work in the MTC! I taught at the TRC yesterday (Training Resource Center) and we taught fake investigators. I really felt the spirit teaching through me and it was so amazing! I have never felt the spirit so strongly as I have here. I can now teach the 1st and 2nd lessons! I have never learned more in my entire life than I have these last 2 weeks in the MTC! I love my district! On sunday we went to the provo temple to take pics and it was snowing! I'll email you the pics when I get to the field(Oh I might have a Pday for 2 weeks since I'm flying next wednesday and I don't know when my Pday is in the field so be ready for my next email anytime in the next 2 weeks. Thank you so much for all the packages and letters everyone! My last day to check the mail at the mtc is tuesday the 8th, so if you can't get it before then to me, send it to my mission home address, which is:
LDS Mission Office
8515 Douglas Ave # 19
Des Moines, IA 50322-2924
its also on my facebook and myspace. Oh and my new email address is ****.*********@myldsmail.net . If anyone wants to ever get a hold of my parents my dads email is ********@gmail.com and my moms is *******@gmail.com Oh and I saw Dana Brown monday during my service assignment and a ton of elders from college and home!
There is no other place I would rather be than right here on my mission! I have a whole new perspective on life now. I learned some very deep doctrine on saturday and it just made me realize how important it is to keep the commandments and prepare to meet God. I love being a missionary! I love you all, and miss you. I look forward to getting letters from you all
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: