Monday, November 30, 2009

Back in Sioux City, livin the dream

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

I hope all of you had a spectacular Thanksgiving. I sure had one! We got to serve thanksgiving dinner to some old people in a rest home with the missionaries in my district. We sang hymns to them while one of the elders played the violin. We have spanish sisters in my district too, one of them is Sister Murphy, who is from Roseville California! She and I are friends with a lot of the same people, including my cousin Kurtis!
After we served Thanksgiving dinner, we went over to a members home and had quite the feast. There was 3 families of the ward there and we had a blast together.
I got to go on exchanges in my old area, Sioux city 2nd Ward! It was amazing to be back where I had began my mission and to see the people I had grown to love by serving them.
On Sunday I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I truly feel my Dad was inspired to send me a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland entitled, "The Inconvienent Messiah" given at a BYU Devotional when he was President of BYU. I based my whole Sacrament meeting talk off of that talk. I was supposed to speak for only 10 minutes, but one of the speakers didn't show up. So I get up there thinking I am going to find a way to fill up time, but a miracle happened. I ended up speaking for 25 minutes without even realizing it. I felt the Spirit teach through me and prompt me what I should say. After the meeting all the members came up to me and thanked me for my talk. But it was not me at all, the Holy Ghost gave that talk and I was just his mouthpiece. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: