Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy early Veterans Day America!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody been eh? Boy, have I had quite the week. I gave you a lil sneak peak on what was goin down this week in my last email. I had a blast on my exchanges in Cedar Falls. I got to stay in Cedar falls on Tuesday night and then on Wednesday night we stayed in a members home in Waverly(the elders in Cedar Falls are covering the waverly branch as well this transfer) So that was a cool experience. On Wednesday night we taught an investigator who is getting baptized this Saturday on November 14th! He has been dating a recent convert in the Cedar Falls Ward and we got to teach him the Law of Chastity haha. It was pretty easy because he had been taught it by his girlfriend lol.
Anyways, on Saturday night I had the opportunity to attend the Adult Session of the Cedar Rapids Stake Conference. We got to hear from a member of the Temple Presidency over the Nauvoo temple. It was a powerfull meeting and I learned a lot. Then on Sunday we got to go to the General Session of Stake Conference. Our Stake Presidency here in Cedar Rapids are amazing. I was touched by their talks. My mission president spoke as well, and he talked about the same thing he trained us in our last zone conference. It was from an article in the Mormon times by Orson Scott Card and it is about the members perspective on missionary work.
Well, its that time again, and I am most likely getting transferred soon. The next time I email on wednesday november 18th I'll let ya know what I know. I am just going to enjoy the time I have left here in Waterloo while I can. I absolutley love it here in Waterloo and I will be emotional when I have to leave. Thank you to all who support me on my mission.
Keep it Real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: