Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Wake me up when September Ends"

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

My heart is full with joy this morning! I recieved an email from my mission president this morning. In it were the list of baptismal dates all across the mission. I saw that Ashley, Andrew, and Alex Ford all had baptismal dates! They are Carol Betts grand children, the lady I baptized in Sioux City. I remember teaching Carol's grand children when they were home and I grew to love those kids. I am so happy they have decided to make this step in their lives to be baptized.
Well, on transfer day we drove Elder Budge to the transfer point and said goodbye. Then we got Elder Zufelt ready to leave when the next transfer bus came. That bus brought 3 new missionaries in our district. Sister Ranson, who flew out to Iowa with me is in Story City. Elder Blunt, my new district leader is from Antelope California and he's a convert of 3 years. Elder Carlson replaced Elder Zufelt and is from Oroville California and he's a way cool guy. Were going to have a good district this transfer so i'm excited.
Well yesterday we had our fast sunday because next sunday is general conference! We had a great elders quorumn lesson yesterday. Brother Johnson, who is deaf, taught our lesson. He had a member speak for him while he used ASL, it was a neat experience. I attended a class he is teaching at the church on ASL. I learned how to sign "my name is Elder Morain" We had a dinner appointment last night at a members home. Our investigator Heather Burg came and we shared a spiritual thought with her. She has been dating a member for over 3 years and has been coming to church that whole time. She said she will keep us posted on when she will set a baptismal date.
Well, I am very excited for General Conference this weekend! I heard that the MTC choir is singing in the priesthood session. A guy from my ward here gets to be in the choir so I'll be looking for him. I am excited to hear from our Prophet and all the General Authorities. It's my first time watching conference in the mission field, I remember last conference I watched it from the MTC. I hope all of you have a good experience with conference this weekend and I'll email ya next monday!
Keep it real!
LO
VE Elder Morain