Monday, October 6, 2008

I got hit by a car last night!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Last night I was walking through a cross walk and out of no where an old lady was making a left turn going about 30 mph and ran right into me and kept going, with her foot on the gas! As I was walking through the cross walk I looked to my right and saw her car coming right at me so I ran as fast as I could to get out of the way but she hit me on my right leg. My companion was ahead of me and barely got out of the way in time. It was a Miracle because I ended up walking away from it without a scratch. I just remember the front of the car hitting my leg and my ankle bending a little bit but I luckily got out of the way before the car took me under it and ran me over. My companion saw it happen and thought that I was going to die. He was more shakin up about it than I was haha. The lady ended up driving around the block to see if I was ok, and I was so she drove off. It was pretty scary, I thought I was going to die as I saw the car not stopping at all as I was running from it. So right after we called my mission president and his wife. She told my companion Elder Sage to give me a blessing. So we went home and he gave me a blessing and it comforted me a lot. He said that angels will go before me and watch over me. I feel very blessed to have been watched over last night and it truly was a miracle that I am not hurt.

Well, I had the opportunity of watching all 5 sessions of General Conference at the Stake center and I loved it so much. It was such a blessing to hear from our Prophet, Apostles, and General Authorities. On Saturday I especially liked Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk about Angels. After my experience last night, It has even more meaning for me. I also liked President Monson's talk in the sunday morning session. I felt the topic of change in our lives was exactly what I needed to hear. It was cool to see my choir director from when I was in the MTC choir, direct the MTC choir in the priesthood session! I loved the talk about missionary work by the sister in the saturday morning session.
I'm so grateful to be a missionary! I got permission to call my last companion Elder Butterfield who is still in Sioux City. He told me about how he taught Andrew, Ashley and Alex Ford, the grandchildren of Carol the lady I baptized. He told me there baptismal date is set for October 25th and I'm so happy that they are making this step to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to them.
I hope all of you had a spiritual experience with General Conference this last weekend. I will never forget this eventful General Conference weekend I've had thats for sure haha. I look forward to hearing your experiences,
until then
Keep it Real
LO
VE Elder Morain