Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holler from Ames Iowa!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

I am happy today because were going to celebrate my 7 month click day which was yesterday. Isn't crazy that I reported to the MTC 7 months ago?! But I also look back and realize that so much has happened to me on my mission these past 7 months.
Last monday as you know I was in Des Moines for the day. I had a lot of fun seeing some missionaries I served with before. I went golfing in the rain which was pretty fun haha. I love Des Moines, its a great place.
On wednesday I had my interview with my mission president. He told me I would be staying in Ames for sure 1 more transfer and maybe even 2 transfers. I'm happy about that because I also love Ames! I love the college atmosphere here and I've made so many good friends here in Ames.
On thursday we had our zone conference and our zone and the fort dodge Zone combined for it. We had 6 missionaries(including my companion) give their returning home testimonies and the spirit was so strong.
On Saturday we had the opportunity to attend the baptism of an investigator of the Ames 2nd ward elders. It was a great experience seeing him make that huge step in his life. I'm so happy that the 3 grandkids of Carol who I taught in Sioux City are getting baptized this saturday! I'm so grateful I have this opportunity to be a missionary.

I hope all of you are doing good and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Keep it real!
LO
VE Elder Morain