Monday, March 1, 2010

The Greatest Walk on Earth

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, welcome to the month of March
2010! Wow, I can't believe it has come so fast. Good thing I have till
March 26th to live it up here in Iowa! I had an absolutley spectucular
week. I had my last Zone Conference on my mission. We have a tradition
that your last zone conference you get up and bear your "going home
testimony". I have seen many of my best friends on the mission go up
there give theres and it was time I go up. I tried hard not to get
emotional but I couldn't help it. It was an experience I will never
forget.
We had interviews with our Mission President, I still get to have one
more right before I go home where he gets to give me his parting
advice haha. On Thursday I went on exchanges with my Zone Leader Elder
Wray in his area, Cedar Rapids 2nd ward(I'm in Cedar Rapids 1st ward
by the way)On friday we helped out at that hospital and it was a good
time as always.
Saturday was a special day. We helped volunteer at an event called,
"The Greatest Walk on Earth" it was a walk for curing Diabetes. They
had over 3,000 people there! They had a player from the University of
Iowa's football team there and I got his autograph haha. It's kind of
big deal since the University of Iowa won the Orange Bowl as you all
know.
Last night I got to attend our Stake Priesthood Meeting. Waterloo,
where I served for 4 and a half months, is in our stake, so I got to
see a bunch of friends from Waterloo area! I just love the people here
so much. As you serve shoulder to shoulder with these amazing members
you develop a friendship like no other.
Here in Cedar Rapids we are working on Paul and Morgan still. We
talked with them about getting married, and offering the option of
living the law of chastity. Either path they choose, Morgan can be
baptized. Hopefully when Paul starts the Stop Smoking Workshop he as
well can be baptized. I really am going to miss being a part of
helping my investigators prepare for Baptism. It is the greatest work
I have ever been involved in, and probably the greatest work I will
ever be involved in my life.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: