Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Farewell Iowa

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

As I try to express the feelings I am going through to address you one last time as a full time missionary I am filled with emotion. I want to thank all of you so much for everything you have done for me these past 2 years of my mission. As I have received letters of encouragement from you I have been deeply touched. I am excited to see you once again and catch up on all that has happened in your journey through life.
I had one of the best days of my mission on Sunday. It was my last sunday on the mission and church was very special. Some of the members I have grown close to threw me a little party in celebration of my returning home. It has been a honor to get to know the amazing members here. Their example and friendship I have mentioned many times throughout my mission. They have been there for me when I needed them most and I will be forever grateful for them.
That night I had the sacred privilege of performing the saving ordinance of Baptism for my investigator Morgan Maher. The spirit was so strong at that Baptism. It truly was the crowning jewel of my mission experience. I cannot think of a more fitting event at the end of my service here in Iowa.
I want to end my last email with the testimony I have gained on my mission. I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and that our Savior is at the head leading our Beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. As I have studied the words of President Monson I have received inspiration for what I need to do in my life. I know that he is a true prophet of God. I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith did see our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ in that grove which we now call Sacred. I have been to Nauvoo, the City of Joseph, on my mission 3 times, and have walked where he walked and have felt the spirit witness to me that he is the Prophet of the Restoration. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and can provide comfort to the soul when it is read and prayed about. I have come to know my Heavenly Father and my Savior personally as I have served them these past 2 years. I could not have done what I have done without them. The Sacrifice I paid on my mission is the price I have paid to know God.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: