Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Waterloo Round 2!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Well, how has everybody been the past week and a half? I have been magnificent. This morning I recieved the phone call from the Assistants. I was informed I am staying in Waterloo for 6 more weeks! Since my companion, Elder Gillespie is going home on friday, I am getting my new companion tomorrow.
On Saturday we had a special opportunity to go to Cedar Rapids for a baptism. It was for someone that Elder Gillespie taught at the beginning of his mission so we got permission to go to it. It was a great experience. I found out some good news that day too. Heather Burg is getting baptized this saturday! She was my investigator when I was in Ames! She had been dating a member of the ward for like 7 years and has been coming to church with him forever. It is an absolute miracle she has decided to finally get baptized. I am so happy for her in making this commitment in her life.
I had another opportunity to give a blessing this week. It was was my 5th time and a very spiritual experience. On Monday night we went to a members home and they asked us to help them with Fathers blessings for the new school year. The spirit was so strong as we blessed all the kids. It was just an amazing experience to be a part of.
Well, as I bid farewell to my companion Elder Gillespie, who I have known since I met him in Sioux City at the very beginning of my mission, I will be saying goodbye to my best friend out here and a hero to me. He has taught me so much and I will never forget the experiences we have had together.
Until next monday,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: