Monday, August 31, 2009

A Day in the Life of Elder Morain

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Holler from Waterloo! How has everybody been? I have had a crazy past couple days! So since i last emailed ya on Wednesday, a lot has happened. I said goodbye to Elder Gillespie thursday morning. I got to be in Cedar Rapids for the day! My new companion is Elder Saunders and he is from Ogden Utah! He has only 6 weeks left on his mission so that means I will be staying here in Waterloo for at least 3 more months! I am so happy that I will get to stay here for so long. I really love it here in Waterloo.
So friday night our Bishop took us over to a wedding reception for this couple in our ward. It was good for my comp to meet a lot of the members there. The couple will be moving to rexburg to go to BYU Idaho soon. I had a fun time with all the members there so thats always good.
I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting yesterday! I spoke on Missionary Work and the importance of member missionary work and fellowshipping new converts. It was my 4th time speaking in a Sacrament meeting on my mission. The members said I did good so I hope it inspired them to do missionary work. We had a lesson with our investigator Arielle and her sister Marissa in a members home! They had us all over for dinner and then we taught a lesson. It went really well so I am hopeful for Arielle to progress towards baptism soon!
I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary here and get to know these amazing people. Until next week,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: