Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm goin to the Nauvoo Pageant tomorrow!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How was everyones 4th of July? I hope it was good for ya'll cuz mine was a blast! Our ward had a 4th of July breakfast so we got to go. We got to play ultimate frisbee with the Young Single Adult branch which was pretty fun. Here is a history fact for you, Iowa City used to be the capital of Iowa before Des Moines. So we got to watch the fireworks go off downtown Iowa City right behind the Old State Capitol Building. It was a kodak moment fo sho. We got permission to stay out till 10:30 pm so we could watch the fireworks. It was a fun time.
I just found out that tomorrow I get to go down to Nauvoo for the day! We get to do an endowment session at the Temple. Tomorrow night is the opening night of the Nauvoo Pageant so we get to see it! I have heard so many good things about the Nauvoo Pageant so I'm really excited I have the opportunity to go see it. I'll make sure to tell you all about it the next time I get to email, which is Wednesday July 15th, because transfers are on July 16th. My mission president told me I am getting transferred. I am really sad to leave Iowa City and all the amazing people I have grown to love over the past 4 months serving them. There are so many people here that are my heroes and who have inspired me and helped me out so much. But I'll go where the Lord wants me to go. Thank you for all of your support you have given me on my mission. I feel the answers to your prayers in my life every day.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: