Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Heyo! Hows everybody been? I have been better than ever. I know all of you are wanting to hear about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance so all I'll get right into it. It was incredible! It was a miracle in itself that we found a ride, got tickets, and Beverly our neighbor was able to go. So we get to the Wells Fargo Arena and they upgrade our tickets to seats way down low! So we had an amazing view pretty close up. I got to see members from all of my areas there! It was unlike anything I have experienced on my mission. Everywhere I went I would run into some member from Sioux City or Ames or Lenox. It was so good to see my friends that I grew to love as I served in their wards and branch. The concert was amazing! They sang so many different genres of music. Alex Boye sang 2 solos from songs off Motab's new album Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing(they sang that song it was my favorite!). He is so awesome, he is one of the 2 black guys in the choir. He has his own solo project cds that I got from missionaries out here. They sang Come Come Ye Saints and Battle Hymn of the Republic and then had an encore with This land is my land and ended it with God Be With You Till We Meet Again. The spirit was so strong in that arena I will never forget those feelings I felt. Beverly our investigator loved it! She was so grateful that we brought her. Hayden Mayfields mom and boyfriend Rueben also got to go and they loved it. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to go, it was truly unforgettable.
I got to go on exchanges on wednesday with Elder Biehann who is a greenie straight from the MTC! He was kept in the MTC for 2 extra weeks due to the swine flu. We had a fun exchange. On Tuesdsay night we went to Haydens and found him sick with Foot Mouth disease. We gave him a blessing. He got sick the day after he was confirmed! But he did say that he felt better after we gave him the blessing. I can testify that priesthood blessings can truly work miracles. This church is true. I love being a full time missionary. Thank you so much to all of you who support me on my mission.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

From Jeff's Mission

IOWA CITY ZONE – JUNE 18, 2009
Back Row: Elder Larsen – Elder Webster – Elder Clark 
Elder Trotter – Elder J. Jackson – Elder Whiting
Elder A. Jennings – Elder Tapp – Elder Lanier
Elder Morris – Elder Jergensen – Elder Morain
Elder McDonell – Elder Biehahn
Middle Row: Elder Folkman – Elder Riley
Brother & Sister Nielsen – Sister & President Talbot
Brother Brown – Elder Alexander – Elder C. Bird
Front Row: Elder Ferrin - Elder Roberts – Elder O’Driscoll
Elder Finn

From Jeff's Mission

No comments: