Monday, July 27, 2009

Holler from the University of Northern Iowa!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I've been lovin it here in Waterloo! Happy belated Pioneer Day to everyone! Our Ward here celebrated it with a picnic and it was a lot of fun. Our Sacrament meeting talks were on the sacrifice of our pioneers too. I am developing much more of a gratitude for the pioneers here in Iowa as I see the handcart park in Iowa City...to Mount Pisgah...to Winter Quarters...and to Nauvoo. What a blessing it has been to have these sites so close to the areas I serve in on my mission.
So on Wednesday my old companion Elder Thomas( who I served with my last 6 weeks in Ames) came to Waterloo to be in a 3 some with Elder Gillespie and I! It was great to reminisce with him...and he is my zone leader now. They combined the Cedar Rapids zone with our zone this transfer. So tomorrow I get to drive down to Cedar Rapids for zone conference! I am excited for it. Serving in Waterloo means I have served in all 5 stakes in our mission! Crazy how that worked out.
On friday we had a lesson with our investigator Arielle. And yesterday she came to all 3 hours of church! Also Gene who lives in Cedar Falls came to our church. We cut wood for him every week for service. We also do service at a Golf Course so Elder Gillespie and I get to drive around on a golf cart and do lil projects for em. We also golfed on monday and it was a blast.
The University of Northern Iowa is here in Cedar Falls, right next to Waterloo. So here I am in another College town haha. I love it here and the members are so awesome. Its a great day to be a missionary eh? I'd like to thank all of you for everything you do for me to support me out here. I truly feel the answers to your prayers in my behalf daily. I have been so blessed throughout my mission.
Well until next week,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: