Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I get to stay in Iowa City for 6 more weeks!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

This morning I received the best news ever...I get to stay in Iowa City for 6 more weeks! I am staying with my companion Elder Larsen as well. I am so excited to stay here and continue to serve these people I love so much!
So, I had an amazing past 8 days. We had the opportunity to teach our investigator Marie and we set a baptismal date with her for June 27th! Remember we also have a baptismal date with our investigator Kim for June 20th. When I was thinking it couldn't get any better than this, we set a baptismal date with our investigator Hayden Mayfield for June 20th! Hayden is the 13 year old who's mom is working towards reactivation. I am so excited for all 3 of these amazing people make the commitment to be baptized. They are truly miracles. I hope that they can stay strong and continue to strive towards being ready for their baptismal dates.
Last night I visited a less active family from the University ward. I've been working with them since I got here and they have came back to church many times and are on the path back to full activity in the church. They thanked me for coming to their home and helping them come back to church, after not coming for over a year. It felt so good to hear them say that and I am so happy to have been a part of their lives. I am so thankful for this opportunity I have to stay here in Iowa City for another 6 weeks. The more I spend time serving here, the more I realize why I was sent to the Iowa Des Moines Mission. It truly was inspired by God. Thank you for supporting me on my mission. I look forward to hearing from you and how life is treatin ya.
Until next monday, (June 8th)
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: