Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm going to see MoTab in Concert tonight!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I have been amazing. I have witnessed an answer to all of your prayers this week. I had the opportunity of performing the baptism of Hayden Mayfield on Saturday. Thank you so much for the prayers you offered I can testify that I felt the hand of the Lord help make this miracle happen. Hayden brought a lot of his family to the baptism and they all said they are so proud of him. I hope that this will motivate the family to come back to full activity in the church. Hayden was confirmed yesterday and it was a great sight to see. Moments like this make all the sacrifices of mission life worth it for me. Hayden is 13 and has his whole life ahead of him to be a strong active member of the church. You can count how many seeds are in an apple, but you can't count how many apples are in a seed.
We had zone conference on thursday and I had a great interview with my mission president. He told me that I am getting transferred at the end of this transfer. I am really bummed about that because I love Iowa City so much. But I will go where the Lord wants me to go.
Tonight I have the opportunity of going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Orchestra Concert in Des Moines! It will be held in the Wells Fargo Arena. We are bringing Beverly our neighbor and we are all very excited for it! It will be a very special experience to be there and see them in real life. I will make sure to tell you all about it next monday.
Thank you so much for your prayers and the support you give me on my mission. I love you all so much. I am so grateful to be a missionary here in the Iowa Des Moines Mission.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: