Tuesday, May 26, 2009

14 months down, 10 months to go...

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody been? It is tuesday morning, I couldn't email yesterday cuz the library was closed for Memorial Day. I have had a fantastic 8 days though. On Wednesday I got to go on exchanges with my district leader Elder McDonnell in the Young Single Adult area! So the whole day I was downtown Iowa City talking to all the college students. It was a lot of fun and we met some pretty crazy people haha.
Yesterday for Memorial day we got to play softball with the University ward and it was a blast!
Last tuesday I hit my 14 month mark and today may 26th is 10 months from the day I fly home! Time has flown by like no other time in my life. Next week is transfers and I have a chance of being transferred. I really want to stay here in Iowa City, this has been my favorite area for sure. I'll let ya know next wednesday when I email ya next.
On Saturday we had a bbq with Beverly and her family(the neighbors we are teaching) and it went really well. Beverly had surgery and is waiting to find out if it is benine or malignant still. Katie her daughter is going to the hospital today. The doctors will make a decision today on if they have to cut off her big toe or not. Both of them are still positive and optimistic despite their trials they are facing.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a full time missionary. I love these people. Thank you for the support you give me in my calling. I look forward to hearing how you have been doing.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: