Monday, May 4, 2009

"Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me"

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I have had an amazing week. On Saturday we got to help out with the ARC Carnival that the Iowa City University Ward put on. It was for mentally handicapped children in southeastern Iowa. I was in charge of making the cotton candy so it was pretty fun. I love the members in the university ward, they are an inspiration to me and its been so good getting to know them.
On Wednesday I was able to teach the family I told you about(the mom and the daughter who got in a car accident) Our lesson went really well. They had a lot of questions about the Word of Wisdom so we taught them about that. It was amazing to me how the Mom was actually thinking about quitting coffee so she could become mormon already. We are going to teach them the restoration next time and I'm excited for it.
Yesterday we had a great sunday. Church was really good. I was able to attend the CES Fireside broadcasted from BYU Idaho! Elder David A. Bednar spoke and he just threw down the hammer. It was a very powerful talk, for those of you who saw it know what I'm talkin about.
Last night I had the opportunity of giving a blessing to a member who has cancer in the University of Iowa Hospital. This was only my 2nd time performing the sealing of the anointing and giving the blessing. It was truly a miracle as I spoke the words of the blessing, and have the words just come into my mind. It was a very spiritual experience for me. It testifies to me the power of the priesthood and how real it is. It showed me how much our Heavenly Father knows us personally and knows our needs. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be the tool in the hand of the Master.
I look forward to Calling home this Sunday for Mothers Day! I miss you and love you all so much.
Until then,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: