Monday, April 27, 2009

Napoleon Dynamite!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I hope your all good. I've had a fantastic couple days since I last emailed. First of all my new companion is Elder Larsen! He is from Preston Idaho...Home of the masterpiece...Napoleon Dynamite! He has been out as long as my trainer. I am excited to serve with him here in Iowa City this transfer!
On Saturday we had the opportunity of going to a service project at the Mormon Handcart Park here in Iowa City. This church history site is where the Handcart trek all began! 3 years ago President Hinckley came to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Pioneers leaving Iowa City. So we pulled these weeds called garlic mustard weeds cuz apparently they make it so no other plants can grow around them. So it was cool to see the park and everything. It really is special to have these church history sites in my mission. I know members all over the world travel to see places like Nauvoo and its such a blessing to be so close to them.
On Sunday I got to be in the Easter program. You may think, why are they celebrating easter 2 weeks later haha? It is because we had Stake Conference(that broadcast i told you about) and last sunday was the Homecoming talks for 3 missionaries who came home to the ward. It was actually a sister missionary and her parents who served a 18 month mission the same exact time as their daughter. But anyways it was cool to be in the ward choir because it was really well done. And it brought back those sweet memories of back in the day when I was in Zions Choir.
Well I hope everyone has a splendid week and the next time I email ya it will be May!
Until then,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: