Monday, May 18, 2009

"So sick of being tired and oh so tired of being sick"

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How's everybody been? I hope all is well. I got sick on Thursday and I still am. I just have a cold so I hope it goes away soon. Being sick really makes you be grateful for good health. It is a blessing that I hope not to take for granted.
But I still had an amazing week! On Thursday we had a lesson with our investigator Kim Fesler and we set a Baptismal Date with her! We set it for June 20th and I am so excited for her. She walked to church yesterday and she is so dedicated. Her husband is a member but is less active and so she is pretty much doing this on her own. It is truly a miracle when you see your investigator commit to baptism and set a date for when she will enter into the covenant that opens the doors to the celestial kingdom.

I found out that Beverly the mom who I told you about that lives by us, has breast cancer. She is having surgery this Wednesday I really hope she will be ok. Once again she is positive and is not scarred at all about it. It amazes me what this family has gone through and how they deal with it smiling. She has had to cut off on her coffee to prepare for her surgery, which is her only problem with the word of wisdom. I am excited to continue teaching them because they have so much potential.
Well, I love being a missionary serving here in Iowa City. These people inspire me so much and I have grown to love them as I've been teaching them.
I don't know if we can email next monday because of Memorial Day but we'll see how it goes. Until then,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

From Jeff's Mission

IOWA CITY ZONE – May 7, 2009 Back Row – Larsen – Jordan – Merkley – Lanier – Trotter – Jennings Lynn – O’Driscoll – Whiting – Jergensen – Morain – McDonell Middle Row: Bird – Riley – Brother Brown – President & Sister Talbot Elder (Doctor) & Sister Babcock – Sister & Brother Nielsen Alexander – Folkman Front Row: Withers – Webster – Erickson – Palomeque – Rushton Finnerty – Roberts – Yorgason




From Jeff's Mission

No comments: