Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Emergency Transfer!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody been? I hope everyone had a happy Easter cuz I sure did! We had our Stake Conference and it was not your ordinary stake conference. It was a broadcast from Salt Lake City being shown to 61 stakes in 8 states of the Midwest! We had Elder Steven E. Snow from the Presidency of the 70 speak first. Then Sister Margaret Lifferth 1st counselor in the Primary General Presidency spoke next. Her talk hit home to me because she talked about how she used to live in Ames Iowa and mentioned a lady(Sister Sharp) that I knew pretty well while I served in her ward in Ames! "Its a Small World After All" as the disney song says. Then Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke! This also was personal for me because he spoke in my Stake Conference 1 year ago when I was in Sioux City! He mentioned he visited Iowa and he said some of the exact same things he said 1 year ago when I was with him in Sioux City. Then to our surprise
President Thomas s. Monson spoke! It was an amazing talk full of inspirational stories as he always has. So Stake Conference was a great experience and made my Easter very special to hear from Jesus Christ's mouthpieces on the day we celebrate his Resurrection.

Last night we got a phone call from our Mission President. He told my companion Elder Monsen that he is being Emergency transfered Tomorrow morning. He didn't tell us why it was happening or where he is being transfered to. But for the rest of this transfer (week and a half) I will be with Elder Merkley and it will just be the 2 of us instead of the 3 some. And then next Wednesday morning we will find out if I am staying next transfer or if I am leaving. Next time I email you I'll let ya know.
Yesterday we had our investigator Keith come to Stake Conference! We invited him saturday night and he really came so I am glad he is progressing. We have also got a ride to a less active member to stake conference and general conference the week before. Its the first hes came to church in a long time and its great to see him have the desire to come back.
I love being a missionary and helping others change their lives and see the happiness it brings them. I hope to hear from you and hear how your life has been goin for ya.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: