Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody been? I have never been more spiritually fed thats fo sho. I really enjoyed watching General Conference this weekend. Saturday we went to the church and just had a feel good frenzy haha. I got to see the World Report which was pretty exciting to hear whats going down with the church worldwide. I have some bad news to report about Iowa though. I just found out that the state of Iowa has legalized Same Sex Marriage. I really hope we can do a prop 8 kind of thing here in Iowa.
My favorite session of Conference had to be Sunday Morning session. Pretty much from Elder Hollands amazing talk on Jesus Christ on was brilliant. I loved President Monsons talk so much. Those stories he told were powerful and I can't wait to get my hands on that talk so I can read them again. The spirit was so strong during General Conference and I will never forget the feelings I felt and inspiration I received.
Today is the true Birthday of Jesus Christ. Today marks the 179th year since our church has been organized. It is a historical day no doubt. This Sunday will be my 2nd and last Easter on the mission! Our stake and many throughout the midwest our having stake conference this sunday. It is a broadcast from Salt Lake so I'm excited for what that will bring. I wish you all a Happy Easter this sunday! Time has gone by so fast. I liked President Uchtodorfs talk in Priesthood session on focusing on what is most important in life. I love you all and I thank you for the support you show me in my call as a missionary. Its a great time on the earth to be a missionary. I will give it my all this last year of my mission.
Until next week,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: