Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm off to Nauvoo Illinois!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Welcome to March everybody! Can you believe how fast time is flying? I sure can't. I have had a miraculous week! On Wednesday I went on exchanges with my district leader and we drove out to a small town in our area. We got a text message from the MTC telling us about a headquarter referral in that small town. I remember when I was in the MTC and we would talk on the phone to people and then refer them to the missionaries in their area. Now out in the field I get to be a part of the next stage in their conversion. This lady requested a Book of Mormon so we brought that to her and taught her a 1st lesson on the Restoration. She felt that we were true servants of Jesus Christ and committed to being baptized on March 21st!
On Friday we taught our investigator Sara and she told us that she believed the Book of Mormon was true. She believes that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. So we committed her to be baptized March 28th!
This Saturday we have scheduled our Investigator Joshua Poor's baptism. We just finished teaching him all the lessons last night and I really hope that his baptism will happen and everything will work out. We have seen miracles this past week no doubt in my mind.
Last night I got a phone call from the Assistants to the President informing me I have the opportunity to go to the Nauvoo Temple tomorrow! Today we are driving up to Des Moines and then tomorrow we get to spend most of the day in Nauvoo! I get to go through an endowment session. My companion is going home in 7 weeks so I get to go with the group of missionaries that came out with him so it is going to be a fun time. I'll tell you all about it when I email on March 11th, cuz the 12th is transfers! My mission president told me I'm most likely getting transferred. I would love to hear from you so just send a letter to my mission office and it will be forwarded to wherever I am. Thank you all for the support you give me in my mission.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: