Monday, March 23, 2009

I've hit my 1 year mark!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I've been livin the dream here in Iowa City! I hope everyone had a fun St. Patricks Day because I sure did. We got to do service at this retirement home and we helped old people on a St. Patricks Day scavenger hunt. It really got me into the holiday spirit of St. Patricks day haha.
Well on Thursday March 19th I hit my 1 year mark of reporting to the MTC! It happened to be on the day we have district meeting, so the 11 elders in my district got together and celebrated after the meeting. I burned one of my shirts because its tradition to do that on our 1 year mark. We then went out to eat at Olive Garden and we all got the soup salad and bread sticks dealio. It was a fun time. I can't believe that I now have less than a year to go on my mission. Time has never gone by so fast in my life. It really hits me and makes me want to enjoy every second I have left this last year.
On saturday we got to attend a baptism our ward had. The spirit was so strong at the baptism and it just hits me how it truly is a miracle to see a baptism open the doors to the celestial kingdom. I love being a missionary and am able to devote all my time and efforts to helping Heavenly Father's children receive the greatest of all gifts.
Until next week,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: