Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm at University of Iowa, Iowa City!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Holler from the University of Iowa Hawkeyes I am in IOWA CITY BABY!
Wow! I am way excited to be in this city! I am serving in the Iowa City 4th ward and I also cover the university ward which is married students with kids 2 and younger or no kids. I am in a 3-some companionship! My companions are Elder Merkley from Lindon Utah and Elder Monsen from Mapleton Utah. I like being in a 3 some so were going to have a lot of fun together. My new apartment address is:
411 S. Peterson St. #11
Iowa City, IA 52240
I don't know how long I will be here, for sure 6 weeks so feel free to send mail directly to that address.

I am lovin it up in Iowa City! All my mission I have dreamed of serving here and this is the place where my dreams come true, just like Disneyland haha. I am now living where the rival to Iowa State university is! Its crazy cuz i served in ames for 4 and half months and was a cyclones fan ever since. Now I am here at the University of Iowa and I am changing to be a Hawkeyes fan haha.
Well, when I last emailed ya on Wednesday I was on my way to Des Moines. We stopped by the Osceola Elders and went down to Lamoni with them. We got to tour Graceland University(the RLDS or Community of Christ BYU in comparison) but way smaller of course. It was cool to see Joseph Smith the III's house. Pretty cool experience down there. Then we drove up to des moines and stayed the night at Elder Monsen's apartment. But I didn't even know he was going to be my companion until we got to Iowa City the next day lol. Transfer day I got on the bus and we drove back to Ames! I got to see my old stomping grounds and I loved that. I caught up with my old companions Elder Thomas(the 1st one) and Elder Daniels so that was fun. Then we got to Iowa City! I got to see a lot of old friends at the transfer points and it was awesome!
Yesterday at church I got to meet all the members in 4th ward and the University ward. They are more missionary minded here than anywhere I have seen and Im so excited to be here.
Well I got to go.
Until next week
Keep it Real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: