Monday, February 23, 2009

The Real Group

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hey how has everybody been? I've been phenomenal this past week. I got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and once again got to go with my good friend Elder Gillespie for our 4th exchange over the past 8 months of knowing each other haha. It was so much fun to catch up with him and everything seems to be so much better when hes around haha. We had a solid dinner appointment with the Wangberg family that night. Then we had an awesome visit with Chuck a cool member of our branch. But anyways it was a good time as it always is.
Saturday night an opportunity of a life time fell into my lap. So my companion and I go out to dinner, and as we are in line for paying our bill, this lady asks me "Are you singing tonight?" I was like uhh i dont think so haha. She was like oh, since you were dressed up I thought you were part of the Southwestern Iowa Community College Vocal Jazz Festival. I had no idea that was going on, but she explained that tonight, "The Worlds Best Accapella Group" was performing at the college here in creston! The group is called the, "The Real Group" and they are from Sweden and have been together for like 24 years. So we took the opportunity and went and saw them perform. It was such a rare occasion that this big of a group would come to little Creston Iowa.

Yesterday was a great day at church! My companion and I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting on missionary work! It was an emotional experience for me and I choked up at the end because the spirit touched me so strong as I testified of the importance of missionary work. I am so grateful to be a missionary here and I know that I am here in Iowa for a reason. I love you all and I hope to hear from ya sometime.
Until next week,
keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: