Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am being Transfered!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I have been better than ever! I truly have had one of the absolute best weeks on my mission. But first, this morning I got the phone call informing me I am being transfered tomorrow! I've been here in the Lenox Branch for 3 months and now I'm sayin goodbye. We are driving to Des Moines tonight and stayin the night with missionaries up there. Then tomorrow at 6 am I get on a bus and I don't find out where I will be serving for the next 6 weeks until I GET THERE. They started this new method of transfers last transfer. I don't find out who my new companion is till I pretty much meet him for the first time when I get there. So I'll inform you all on that on monday.
So as I was saying earlier this has been one of the best weeks of my mission. When I emailed you last monday I was on my way to Des Moines. I stayed the night at Assistants to the Presidents house on monday and tuesday night. Tuesday morning I woke up and drove to Nauvoo Illinois! I got to go with all of the missionaries going home in 6 weeks. Once we got there our mission president took us to the bookstore there and I got some post cards. Then we took pictures in front of the Nauvoo Temple! It is the most amazing experience to stand in front of that temple in real life. I've been hearing all about the Nauvoo Temple throughout my life but here I was there for real. Church history became so much more than a story in a book right then. I had the opportunity to do an Endowment Session and it was a really spiritual experience. After the session a member of the Temple Presidency took us on a tour of the whole temple! We saw the Sealing rooms and the baptism font. We had the special priveledge of being able to go up the spiral staircase into the bell tower and stand directly below the Angel Moroni. We sang our mission song(a missionary version of Army of Helaman) and the spirit was stronger than ever. I was with missionaries who were about to go home and I had some deep reflection on the memories of my mission and how I only have 1 year left. We got to go to the Visitor's Center and look at all the artifacts on display there. Then we went to the place where the pioneers crossed the Mississippi River and that was cool. Nauvoo has so much history there and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to have that history come to life on my mission.
On Saturday Joshua Poor my investigator was baptized! His family asked me if I would perform his Baptism and I was honored to perform that saving ordinance. There is nothing better in this life than to help your investigator who you love open the doors to the celestial kingdom through baptism. It was only my 2nd time baptizing someone so it was a great experience. On Sunday I was able to be apart of his confirmation and recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm so happy that he has made this step in his life, it makes all the sacrifice of missionary life worth it.
I am excited for what the next 6 weeks will bring. Wherever I am Called to Serve I know it is where Heavenly Father wants me to be. I love being a missionary. I love all of you and thank you so much for the support you give me.
Keep it Real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: