Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My trip to Nauvoo!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hey everybody how ya'll been? I found out this morning that I will be finishing off my mission here in Cedar Rapids! I am so grateful I get to stay in this amazing area till I go home. The Sad news is my companion, Elder Paulson will be getting transferred. So I'll find out who will be "killing"(my last companion before I go home) me off tomorrow. It will be crazy because my companion will be the District Leader but I will be the Designated Driver. I am excited for what my last 6 weeks will bring!
Well, I'll get to the part you all have been waiting for. My trip to Nauvoo was absolutley spectacular! So I drove down to Iowa City and met up with my group that I came out with from the MTC. We got to Nauvoo and I got to see some of the sites I had seen when I went on this trip about a year ago. We saw where the Mississippi River had froze and the Saints crossed over it. Then we went to a place I had not seen, the grave sites of Joseph Smith Sr, Lucy Mack Smith, Emma Smith, Hyrum Smith and Joseph Smith Jr! That was quite the experience. Then we went to our Endowment Session in the Nauvoo Temple. I got to see my Stake President who set me apart as a missionary, President Foote! He was released as Stake President to serve as a Temple missionary in the Nauvoo Temple. So I had a conversation with him and his wife, it was the first time for me seeing someone I knew from home on my mission! After our Endowment Session a member of the Temple Presidency took us up in the Bell Tower and then in the small room directly below the Angel Moroni! There in that room we sang our mission song, which is like "The Army of Helaman" but with words relating to being full time missionaries.The spirit I felt was so strong and it was an experience I will never forget. I loved the Nauvoo Temple, especially after studying about what took place on that sacred ground. On Sunday during Fast and Testimony meeting I got up and shared the experience I had of going to the Nauvoo Temple and bore my testimony of the importance of Temples. I am so grateful my family has been sealed in the Temple for Eternity.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: