Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day America!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody doin these days? Well, I am doin just brilliant. I am
with my new companion...Elder Bringham! He and I go way back...to 3
months ago when I got to Sioux City and he was in Macy Nebraska on an
Indian Reservation. I was so excited when I found out we would be
companions. He is from Reno Nevada and has been out for 1 year! I am
grateful he will be the one killing me off as they say.
So on Wednesday right after I finished emailing you, I got to have
lunch with Vania Minor, who I was good friends with when I served in
Iowa City. It was good to catch up with her and hear how Iowa City has
been goin since I left.
So Thursday was transfer day and I said goodbye to my companion Elder
Paulson, I'll miss him, he was one of the best companions I have had
fo sho. But alas, Elder Bringham and I have been lovin life. On Friday
we did our service at St. Lukes Hospital which is always good. Then we
helped out at a homeless shelter where we fed dinner to them.
Saturday morning we had a lesson with Billy Martin and his roomate
Travis. Billys dad was actually an extra in the movie, "Field of
Dreams"! Oh and that reminds me, when I was serving in Lenox I
mentioned they were going to start filming a movie called, "The
Crazies" which is a remake of a old horror movie. So I heard that The
Crazies is being released in Theaters soon and you can see my little
town of Lenox Iowa in it! "Its a Small World After All"
My Mission President emailed me this morning informing me our new
Mission President that is taking over in July 2010 has been announced.
Dirk and Laurie Jergensen from San Diego will be the new Mission
President and Wife! This morning I also found out that the makeup of
our mission will be changing with the consolidation of the Peoria
Illinois Mission, our mission and the St. Louis Missouri Mission! I
assume these changes will happen with the switch of Mission
Presidents. If you hear anything more feel free to let me know, since
I am sheltered from the news, even church news haha.
Well, I am loving Cedar Rapids with Elder Bringham! As my 23 month
mark approaches this friday I am trying my best to enjoy every second
I have left of my mission.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: