Monday, January 4, 2010

Holler from Cedar Rapids Iowa!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I am pleased to announce that my wildest dreams have come true. I am now serving in the Cedar Rapids 1st Ward! My entire mission I have heard good things about Cedar Rapids 1st ward and now I am livin the dream! Cedar Rapids is the 2nd biggest city in the state of Iowa(2nd to Des Moines). Its population is about 130,000 people! Some of you may remember from the news that Cedar Rapids got the worst of the Flood in the summer of 2008. I heard it was the 2nd worst natural disaster in the nation,(2nd to Katrina) You can still see flood damage around downtown.
Anyways, my companion is Elder Paulson!!! He is such a stud. He is from Saratoga Springs Utah! He just got done being trained so some call me his "greenie buster' haha. I am so excited to serve with him here in Cedar Rapids!
We live in a members home, and this is the first time I have lived in a members home on my mission. The family is the Gillmores and we live in a pretty small bedroom. I got the top bunk of our bunk bed haha. It will be a good experience for me. I will be driving a 2007 chevy Malibu, the same car I drove when I was being trained. We only get it every other week though so we walk every other week. But I am just so excited to be here in Cedar Rapids!
On New Years Day we did service at St. Lukes Hospital! We get to help out there every week. On my mission I have developed a love for hospitals haha. I just love being in them lol.
Well, I got here at the perfect time because on Saturday we had a baptism! Another 9 year old girl got baptized! Her name is Becky Davis, and her brother is serving a mission in the California, Sacramento Mission. So look for an Elder Davis out there k? Her whole family was recently re-activated. Her brother on a mission, decided to change his life around and started coming back to church. Then his dad started coming back and got to baptize his daughter. His wife is not yet a member but we are teaching her.
I have been so blessed on my mission to witness some amazing miracles in peoples lives.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: