Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day America!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Hows everybody been? I had a very happy 21st birthday on Saturday, thanks to those who remembered me and making my birthday a happy one. I had a happy week as well! On Tuesday we had our Zone Conference. It was so good to be taught by our mission leaders, I felt the spirit really strong. On Wednesday I had my interview with my mission president. This one was special because I got my new temple recommend. Mine is expiring and since I am going to Nauvoo on February 2nd(ground hog day!) with the missionaries I was in the MTC with I got a new one. That will be a great experience I am looking forward to.
I received some tragic news on Thursday morning. Sister Harvey, who is a senior missionary in my district, has Cancer throughout her whole body. She just started some radiation treatments so we'll see how that goes. She is a sweet lady and I respect her so much. We worked on her house that got flooded out and its coming along but probably will not be done in time for us to move in. So we most likely will be moving in with another member, I don't know any details yet but I'll keep ya posted.
On Sunday we had a returning missionary give his homecoming talk. It hit me hard on how soon I will be giving mine. This Tuesday I hit 22 months out, I can't believe how time has flown.
Last night we visited our investigators Morgan and her mom Kris. They seemed really interested in what we said about The Restoration of our church. Morgan texted us when we got home,and she said, "I want to be baptized into the Mormon religion." I've never got a text like that before! I hope we can continue to prepare her for baptism, I am so excited for her. I love being a missionary and be a part of the miracles the Lord performs.
Keep it Real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: