Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter Quarters Temple Trip!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? I hope everyone is having a special Christmas Season. This last week has been amazing for me. I was able to have the opportunity of a lifetime on Friday. I got to go to the Winter Quarters Temple with Ignacio Bustamante as he got his Endowments out. He was my ward mission leader when I was trained in the Sioux City 2nd ward, he was baptized about 2 years ago. So I was able to go to the Endowment session with him and it was a very spiritual experience. It was my 2nd time going to the Winter Quarters Temple and we got to see the Mormon Trail Center, which is the visitor center with all the church history from Winter Quarters. There is such a strong spirit in Winter Quarters. I feel a deep gratitude for the Pioneers that stayed in Winter Quarters and I was able to see some of the sacrifices they made there.
As I was in the Temple with Ignacio, I remembered an experience I had when I was at BYU Idaho. For my interview to submit my papers for my mission with my Stake President, he brang all the prospective missionaries into his office. My Stake president asked all of us why were we going on a mission. A couple of us answered with some good responses, but not what he was looking for. He then told all of us to stand up and walk over to the big window. As he drew back the curtains, we saw the lights shining brightly from the Rexburg Temple. He then pointed to the temple and said "That is why we are going on a mission. To bring people to the temple." So as I was in the Temple with Ignacio, I felt the spirit so strong, as I remembered what my Stake President had told me. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be a full time missionary here in Iowa. I have seen miracles come to pass before my eyes. I know this church is true.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: