Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas America!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope all of you are having a jolly Christmas. I had quite the week! For the first time in my life, I had the opportunity to Confirm the Holy Ghost. This family lives in our ward boundaries but was taught by the spanish speaking sisters. On Tuesday they had a wedding for the parents and immediatley following their wedding they got baptized, along with their daughter Breanna. So on Sunday in Sacrament meeting I was asked to confirm Breanna. I was pretty nervous when I was asked to perform this ordinance. But I said a prayer asking my Heavenly Father to help me communicate what he would say to Breanna. As I was confirming her, a miracle happened, and I said words I never would have said to her, and I knew it was the spirit speaking through me. I am so thankful for this opportunity of being a full time missionary. I have grown so much because I am doing things I never would have had the opportunity of doing, if hadn't been for me being on a mission.
I am so happy at this Christmas time. I feel the Christmas spirit as I give of my time to my Savior, who is the reason we celebrate Christmas. I testify that He Lives and is there for each and everyone of us. I know this because he has been there for me when I pray to him, when no one else has been there for me, he has always been there. He has gotten me through the hardest times of my life and I have come to know him better as I've reached out to him during my trials.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: