Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome to August

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

I can't believe its already August! Time flies fast when your having fun right? haha. Well I've had a great week! On saturday I had the opportunity to start teaching Carol her recent convert lessons. Its lesson 5 in Preach My Gospel and on saturday we taught the temple and family history principle. Carol already has a 5 generation genealogy book with everything you need to have their temple work done. I just realized that now since Carol has been baptized she can give her genealogy to the temple to have all their work done. More people than I can imagine can progress in the spirit world by changing one persons life. We taught her that in a 1 year she can go to the temple to recieve her endowment. She said she wants to go and even invited me to come with her in a year, so I hope I'll be able to go! For those of you who were at my farewell talk I shared a story about when I was with my Stake President at BYUI getting my interview to put my mission papers in. I remember him asking us there for the interview why we are going on a mission. Some guys answered to baptize people and stuff. But my Stake President then told us to stand up and walk over to the window. As he drew back the curtains we saw in the night sky the Rexburg Temple glowing right in front of us. He said that is why we are going on a mission, to bring people to the temple so they can recieve their saving ordinances that will stand for eternity. Now, as I see Carol have the desire to go to the temple to recieve her endowment, I'm beginning to understand what my Stake President was trying to teach me.
Yesterday, we had fast and testimony meeting.So I got up there and bore my testimony. As I looked over my friends who I have been serving for the past 4 months, I felt a love for them like I have never felt before. I'm sad because transfers are on August 14th and my mission president told me that I am most likely being transferred. It's going to be hard saying goodbye to these people I have grown to love by serving them.
Well, now I'm going to go out and enjoy the time I have left here in Sioux City! Since transfers are next week my next Pday and chance to email is not next monday but next wednesday august 13th so I hope to hear from you then! Oh, and since I'm probably being transferred, don't send mail directly to my apartment address anymore. I will never get it if you do, cuz the missionaries he will probably be to lazy to forward it on to me lol. So just send it to my mission office address please. Thanks guys,
byU
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: