Monday, August 25, 2008

So long sweet summer

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

It's the first day of school here at Iowa State University and there are a lot of students on campus! This past week has been a blast. On tuesday we celebrated my 5 month click(5 months since I entered the MTC) These past 5 months have gone faster than any other 5 months in my life!
So last P-day we got to check out the institute building here in Ames, I thought it was way cool that we have one here. Then we played sand volleyball on campus which was fun. On tuesday we were doing service at the public library and a hippy lady with a guitar outside the library invited us to her class that she was teaching on raw and vegan foods. So on wednesday we went and it was really weird haha. But we ended up teaching like 10 people there about the restoration and stuff so that was good. But it was like anything I've ever experienced, I never want to be a vegan haha. On thursday we had our 1st district meeting this transfer. I got to meet the sister missionaries in my district who live up in Story City. So there is a total of 8 missionaries in our district. That night we did service at a woman's shelter and just cleaned up there houses. Friday we did our service at Heartland Senior Services which was cool. Then we grilled out with the elders cuz it was my district leader's 1 year mark so he burned his shirt! Yesterday was a great day at church. A guy gave his farewell talk in sacrament meeting, he is going to Taiwan in like 3 weeks for his mission so that was exciting. We have a big elders quorumn here, and it is a bunch of college students who just got married haha. They are all pretty cool. I am loving this ward and I'm excited to get to know them more and help them the best we can.

Well, I hope you all have a good week! I would love to hear from all of you, my next Pday is labor day!
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain