Monday, June 2, 2008

What a week it has been!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,
Wow it has been an amazing week!
First I would like to share an experience I had on thursday night. We got to teach Maritsa our investigator and we watched finding faith in chirst. After the movie she really opened up and told us that the day that we first met her in the hallway was the same day that she finally got this great job she had been waiting to get for months! She said it was "spooky" haha. Ironically last night we heard the word "spooky" used after another experience. Last night we were walking back to our car, it was 5 minutes before we had to be home and we had to get one more "open your mouth" to reach our goal of 42 of those this week. We walked down the sidewalk and a guy yelled to us hey elders! I'm a mormon come up here and lets talk. We ended up finding a less active member who our ward didn't have records of. He said he is getting custody of his son in a month and found it "spooky" because he wanted to change his life around and go to church again when his son comes to live with him. This experience has strengthened my testimony of how important is to set inspired goals and to diligently reach them and endure to the end. I know with a huge area that we have, it wasn't a coincidence we happened to run into these 2 people, but instead God had placed me in there path.
I want to thank all of you have written me letters and emails this past week. Your letters have inspired me to work harder and enjoy my mission to the fullest. I would love to hear from all you so feel free to email or write me a letter and I'll do my best to get backto ya.
Last monday we were at a less active family's house and the 8 year old daughter emily said she wants my companion to baptize her! Last tuesday we didn't have a car all day and we were tracting and going way far out there to visit all these less actives and it was really hard. Mission life is not easy, its definetley the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but its all worth it. I know this is the best thing I can be doing in my life right now.
On thursday we had a special district meeting. My mission president recieved revelation that our whole mission was going to do a mission changing activity. Everyone went into a room alone for a whole hour. During that hour we answered 2 questions. As a Missionary, what are you willing to do for your Savior? And As a Missionary, How will you do it? During this hour I felt the spirit teach me what I needed to do to best serve my Savior on my mission, it was a spritual experience.
Well, I'm off to Olive Garden now to eat with my district. My next P-day is monday June 9th so I hope to hear from all of you soon!
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: