Monday, June 16, 2008

holler to my peeps back home!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,
As Mcdonalds would say, " I'm Lovin it!" Being on a full time mission is the best! Well, after I emailed you guys last week, I had interviews with my mission president. They went really well, I got to know President Talbot alot more. He told me the story of when he was called to be a mission president. He told me he had a feeling that he should retire even though it didn't make sense at this time in his life. 2 days after he retired he recieved a phone call from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland asking him to meet with him. He went there and was asked to be a mission president. Elder Holland didn't know he happened to retire 2 days earlier. I thought that was quite an experience and shows how inspired callings really are.
Tuesday we had our zone conference! It was so much fun! I got to see all my friends from my zone which is about 40 of us. It was a really spiritually uplifting experience to hear from the Assistants to the Presidents and President Talbot.
On thursday we had a really good lesson with Maritsa! Then after the lesson we fasted with her so she can recieve an answer of the truthfulness of the gospel and that her husband would agree to take the lessons. Then the next day we fasted again for our zone fast which was planned already. It was pretty tough to fast back to back like that but I was on a spiritual high.
Yesterday we agreed to make a deal with these 2 old ladies we met. We would go to there church if they went to our church. So yesterday morning we went to the Assembly of God church. It was the weirdest experience in my entire life. We walk in there and everyone stares at us, and then they start with a rock band. They got guitars, bass, back up vocals and everything. They had the youth in one sections just jumping up and down like it was a rock concert. Then after that they had this 10 minute break where everyone shook our hands. Then the pastor got up and used this power point to put scriptures on. He put scriptures from the bible that had been changed from the king james version and just started telling everyone his perspective on what it meant. This experience made me so thankful that I belong to the true church of jesus christ of latter day saints. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the true gospel of Jesus Christ, I want to share that with as many people as I can so they can feel the happiness I have in my life.
There was a huge difference I felt as I went to our church after that. The spirit was there and it was so strong. I have such a greater love for church now and I encourage all of you to just count your many blessings that the church has gave you in your lives.
Well, my next Pday is June 23rd, next monday as usual so I hope to get some emails and letters from all of you guys! Thank you to all who recorded their shout outs to me on the tape it was fun to hear from you guys! AIght I'm outty
LO
VE
-Elder Morain