Monday, October 19, 2009

Elder Lance B. Wickman comes to Iowa City!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

How has everybody been? Boy, have I got a lot to tell you! As I mentioned last week, On Wednesday we had our Mission Tour Zone Conference in Iowa City! It was the chance of a lifetime for me. We were honored to be taught by Elder Lance B. Wickman of the Quorumn of the 70. He is an amazing man with a powerful spirit. He spoke to us about being on a mission and how much the experiences we are having will help us throughout eternity. I felt that his message was specifically tailored to me and my needs at that very time in my mission and life. He truly was inspired on what he spoke about with us and I felt the spirit so strong.
Since our zone conference was held in Iowa City I had the opportunity to see one of my favorite families that I've met on my mission. Some of you may remember me talking about them almost every week I was in Iowa City. I got to see Beverly and Katie Kovenock! It was so good to see them again. Katie is having her 11th surgery on her foot this christmas break. The doctors forgot to take out the staples so it will require her to go through another surgery. I told her that she had been a hero to me, as I've seen her deal with so much pain, and yet maintained an optimistic perspective on life. I found out that the Father Dan is friendly with the missionaries and wants to know more as well. I challenged the family to be baptized and I know they will be someday. I am so grateful for the opportunity I've had to meet these amazing people on my mission. As I hit my 19 month mark today, it hits me that this time is so short. I want to make the most of the time I have with the people around me while I still am around them, because you never know when you will see them again.
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: