Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Moving to Creston Iowa!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Last night my mission president called and informed me that I will be staying in the Lenox area for the next 6 weeks. But then he told us that my companion, Elder Thomas is getting transfered. So I will be getting a new companion tomorrow! I'm really excited for this next transfer because we are moving to Creston! We are moving this week into the House in Creston. Creston is like 8 times bigger than Lenox so I'm excited for the upgrade haha. So this is going to be a crazy week with transfers and moving to creston.
I had quite the past 10 days since I last emailed ya. I got really sick monday morning with an upset stomach and everything. I was sick all the way up until this morning, I feel a lot better, and I'm so grateful to be healthy! It was a rough couple of days though. They cancelled church on Sunday due to the snow and everything.
I found out that they are filming a movie here in Lenox! Who would have thought in a small town of barely 1000 people they would film a movie! It's called "The Crazies" and is apparantly a remake of a movie made in the 1970's. I don't know if I'll be here when they film it but they are supposed to bring in 150 cast members for it so that would spice this little town up like no other haha.
On Friday and Saturday we helped set up for the Farm Toy Show here in Lenox.We set up the tables and everything and we got to check it out too. I definetley felt like I was truly in Iowa at that thing haha.
Well, this past week I've learned a lot about enduring through your trials. In fact these past 6 weeks I've been in Lenox have been the hardest times I've had in my life. But I have never grown so much as a person in my life either. I am grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary and to serve the people of Iowa.
Until next monday,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: