Monday, January 19, 2009

"I Have A Dream..."

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day Everyone! I hope everyone has a fun day celebrating it up! Speaking of celebrating...3 days ago I celebrated my 20th Birthday! It is crazy to think that I am no longer a teenager anymore. I've begun the 3rd decade of my life haha. And the same principle with 2009 being my "Black Out Year" meaning I'll be on my mission this whole year, the same applies to the 20th year of my life!
Anyways, I had a great week! On wednesday we got to go to Osceola and go on exchanges with the missionaries there. We had a lot of fun together and it felt good to see other missionaries lol. Our Mission President called us that night and told us that the weather was going to be -35 degrees with wind chill! So he told us to not go tracting outside till friday afternoon! It was pretty dang cold, probably the coldest weather I have ever experienced. The weather is so cold here because of the humidity and the wind chill. It just magnifies everything and it's just crazy haha.
Anyways, Today is my 10 month "click day" and I can't believe how fast my mission is going. I know I say this every month lol, but every click day I have it hits me how short my mission really is. It just helps me realize that I need to live every moment to the fullest while I can. I love being out here on a mission! All the sacrifices made to be here is so worth it when I see the lives of people I love change for eternity.
Next time I email you guys will be January 28th, next wednesday. By then I will know what will be happening next transfer, If I stay and get a new companion, or if I get transfered to a new area. What ever happens I will serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength.
Until the 28th,
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: