Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm being transfered to Lenox Iowa!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

This morning I recieved a phone call informing me that I am being transferred to Lenox Iowa! I am leaving Ames at 6:50 in the morning tomorrow! My new companions name is once again Elder Thomas haha. My comp's name right now is Elder Thomas so this will be intersting. I've never met this Elder Thomas but I hear he is from Syracuse Utah and he went to the University of Utah! He has been on his mission for 17 months. I hear that I will be living in a house! Not an apartment like I have been, pretty crazy! Also, Lenox Iowa is the farthest south area in our mission! My area touches the border of Missouri! Lenox is also one of the smallest towns in our mission. This will be a new experience for me since my whole mission I've been in Sioux City which is a big city and Ames which is a college town. I am really going to miss serving here in Ames. I have been here for 4 and a half months! I have grown to love the people here so much and it is going to be really hard to say goodbye to all the friends I have made here.
Well since I last emailed you a lot has gone down. It has been absolutley freezing here! Brother Taylor in my ward called my mission president and informed him of the weather. So we for the last 2 days have been only allowed outside for 30 minutes! With the wind chill it has gotten down to about -25 degrees! This is definetley the coldest weather I have ever experienced in my life(Yes, even colder than Rexburg Idaho haha)
On Saturday I had the opportunity to help out the Excell family in my ward with cooking and catering for the Hyvee(its a grocery store in the midwest) Pharmicists Christmas Dinner! We helped out for 15 hours! We cooked it all up at his house and then drove to Madrid Iowa where the party was at. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time with one of my favorite families here in Ames.
On friday we had our ward christmas party! It was fun to have one last hurrah with my ward before I get transferred. I had a great last sunday in the ward. I will miss the members so much, they have been so nice to us these past 4 and a half months.
Well, next time I email ya, I will be in Lenox Iowa next monday, that is a crazy thought. I hope everyone has a great time preparing for Christmas! I am very exciting to call home on Christmas! It's my first time since Mothers Day so we will have a lot to catch up on. Thank you so much for all you do to support me. I feel the blessings of the prayers offered on my behalf.
Keep it Real!
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: