Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Years Everyone!

Dear Elder Morain Fan Club,

Happy New Year Everybody!
I hope all of you had a merry christmas this past week. I sure had a merry one because I got to call home! It was great to talk to my family.
On Christmas Eve we had our District Leader Council and since my companion is the District Leader we got to go. So we drove to Indianola and I got to see some good friends. It was my first time seeing other missionaries for...5 days, and thats the longest period of time on my mission for that haha. Since I've always served around lots of missionaries it has been tough adjusting to being in the middle of nowhere haha. We had dinner on christmas eve at a members home and it was a fun time.
On Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents! That was a fun time. Then we drove to the Price Family's house. Last week I told you about Dusty Price, who I stayed in his apartment at BYU. It was really fun to spend christmas with a friend from home. I got to call home and talk for a long time so that was really nice! Then we had christmas dinner and played games with the family all day. It was so nice to relax and enjoy Christmas. That night we drove up to Osceola and stayed in the missionaries apartment there.
Friday the day after christmas we had our christmas Zone Conference in Des Moines! We had 4 zones there and it so fun to see all my friends again! My friends and I did a skit for the talent show and it was hilarious haha. Before we did the skit, they asked me to do a dance for everyone haha. This is probably because I tell about every missionary I meet about all the fun dance parties I've been to at BYU Idaho haha. So everyone starts chanting my name "Mo-rain...Mo-rain!) hahaha so I wasn't expecting that since I didnt even sign up to do that lol. So I didn't dance but we did the skit and it was funny haha. We had a slide show after and that was fun to watch. I really enjoyed catching up with missionaries I hadn't seen in a long time so that was good. I had my interview with my mission president after. It went well, he told me that I could be staying in Lenox next transfer, but that my companion Elder Thomas will probably be transfered after this transfer. So, will see what happens! He also told me about a 30 day notice we have to put in before we can move to Creston(this i was not aware of) so now we have to wait till february 1st if we move at all...so I'm kinda bummed about that. But after Zone Conference some of us missionaries got together for dinner and went to Red Robin! It was a really fun day to be in Des Moines for Zone Conference.
Saturday we had a great lesson with our investigator Randall! We taught the first lesson, and we brought a member to fellowship him. He said he believe what we taught was true so thats good!
Yesterday we had a great sunday at church. I got to speak in Sacrament meeting! My topic was on Jesus Christ's Love for children. I used some scriptures, and a story from the ensign and told a personal experience. It felt good to get up in front of the branch and bear testimony of what I know is true. After church the branch president and I went on splits and we saw members all over the area. Then we had dinner at the branch president's house so it was a nice time. I'm growing to love the members here in Lenox already so I am happy to serve here.
Well, I hope everyone has a fun New Years this week!
Keep it real
LO
VE Elder Morain

No comments: